December 1, 2018

Dalai Lama offers condolences over former US President George HW Bush’s death


Vijyender Sharma

Dharmshala------Dalai Lama offered his profound condolences over the passing away of President George H.W. Bush, the 41st President of the United States.

In a letter to President George W. Bush, His Holiness said, "I am saddened by the passing away of your father, President George H.W. Bush. I offer my profound condolences to you and your family at this difficult time."

"He was in fact the first American President that I was privileged to meet. I recall being deeply touched by your father's concern for the Tibetan people and the situation in Tibet."

"It is truly admirable to have lived over 94 years. While nothing can replace the loss of a father, we can rejoice in the fact that his was a meaningful life, dedicated to public service. I commend your parents for encouraging their children, including you my dear friend, to devote yourselves to the service of others," His Holiness concluded.

Former President George W Bush was the first American President to meet with His Holiness the Dalai Lama. He died at age 94 in Houton this Friday. 



No comments: